I get the many of the same questions popping up about stainless steel clothes pegs, so I thought I would put this post together to help answer them all!
Stainless Steel Clothes Pegs
Are stainless steel pegs good?
Yes, some (including yours truly) would say that stainless steel clothes pegs are the BEST! And here are some reasons why…
- These metal clothes pegs are made from one long piece of wire, so they are super strong and durable. With care, they’ll last a lifetime.
- You don’t need to keep buying sets of replacement pegs every few months or years.
- These eco pegs are better for the environment as you won’t be throwing away any more broken or mouldy ones into landfill.
- Not only do you save money on replacement pegs, you’ll also reduce your energy bill by skipping the dryer.
- Air drying reduces the wear and tear on clothes as it is much more gentle on fabric. So on top of everything else, they'll help your clothes to last longer!
Do stainless steel pegs rust?
Some stainless steel clothes pegs that are made of the lower 201 grade are susceptible to rust. However, the pegs we sell are made from the highest quality 316 marine grade stainless steel that is 100% rust resistant even if you live by the ocean. So in answer to that question - our stainless steel pegs do not rust.
Do stainless steel pegs get hot?
Stainless steel pegs are resistant to heat, so these clothespins will stay cool even in direct sunlight on the hottest summer day.
Is 316 stainless steel marine grade?
Yes, 316 stainless steel is marine grade – this is the highest quality, rust resistant metal around. If it’s good enough to build ships with and withstand the salty sea, I think they can manage hanging your soggy socks on the line!
Is 304 or 316 stainless better?
Both 304 grade and 316 grade stainless steel are rust resistant, however the 304 grade requires a little extra care in order to last a lifetime.
If you live by the sea, it’s important to bring any 304 grade pegs inside when they’re not in use, while 316 marine grade pegs can be left out in any and all conditions including salty water. They’re called marine grade for a reason!
In answer to that question – 316 stainless steel is better.
So… which are the best clothes pegs?
Please see above! ;) You can get some of our marine grade stainless steel pegs here.