Guppyfriend Washing Bag
When washing synthetic materials, microfibres (plastic particles) come loose from our clothing and end up in our oceans, in our wildlife and ultimately, in us. The Guppyfriend Washing Bag is the simple and affordable way to filter out even the tiniest microfibres in your laundry!
Features Of The Washing Bag
- This is such an exciting eco laundry product because it is the first scientifically approved solution to the harmful effects of microplastic waste making their way into our oceans from our laundry. It filters any microplastics that detach from our clothes in the wash cycle and catches them before they can escape into the drain.
- Guppyfriend is made for washing synthetic materials that shed countless tiny plastic fibres such as polyester, acrylic, nylon, etc. but can also be used for clothing made of natural fibres such as cotton, linen and silk. Using this bag actually reduces fibre shedding, protecting your garments and helping them last longer!
- The large size of this eco friendly washing bag (50x74cm) is perfect for household use. After the wash cycle is finished, simply collect the fibres and dispose of them in your garbage.
- The entire bag, aside from the zipper, is made from a single material, Polyamide 6.6. It is untreated, undyed and contains no additives, and does not lose any fibres itself. Oh, and it’s fully recyclable!
- To keep your Guppyfriend in good condition for a long while be sure to wash at max 40 degrees and only use natural detergents (like the ones we have on Wear & Repeat). Also avoid sharp items and direct sunlight, remove coarse dirt and animal hair before washing, and avoid ironing and tumble drying.
If you want to learn more about microfibres and microplastics, read our blog post here. Profits from the sale of Guppyfriend Washing Bags go to German-based Stop! Micro Waste and the Stop! Plastic Academy which strives to raise awareness and educate industry partners, students and adults about the damage microplastic is causing to our environment. Pick up a Guppyfriend today and do your bit for the environment while extending the life of your garments!